Are you a romance author?
Looking to have someone read and review your romance novel?
If you’re a romance author and would like to get in touch about me reviewing your book then I’d be delighted to hear from you.
That being said, I do have some likes and dislikes and won’t review any books that I know immediately won’t be my cup of tea.
That’s best for both of us – you don’t want someone reading and reviewing your book who’s not your target market. And I don’t have to read a book I’m probably not going to like.
To see if your book is a fit for my blog, here are my likes and dislikes:
- Romance or Erotica
- Happily Ever After (or a positive ending if it’s erotica)
- Historical Romance (any era but especially Regency or earlier)
- Contemporary Romance
- Category romance e.g. Harlequin and Mills & Boon
- M/M romance
- Older woman / Younger Man
- Cliffhangers (which includes duets or series where the same couple are the focus of each book)
- Books that aren’t romance. And if you tell me ‘there’s romance in it’, then it’s unlikely it’s a romance
If your book fits into the kind of books I like and read (or if you’re not sure), then here is what you should do…
- Send an email to jo (at) joreadsromance.com
- Include information about your book so I can see if it’s a good fit for the blog.
- Let me know if you have a specific date you’d like your book reviewed by.
- Where possible, please include links to your author social media profiles and website.
I will get in touch and we can discuss things further.
So you’ve asked me to read your book and I’ve said yes – what’s in it for you?
- I will write you an honest review of your novel/short story that you can use in whole or in part, as you wish.
- I will post this review on my blog, on Goodreads, on Amazon (UK), iBooks, Library Thing and anywhere else you particularly want me to post it.
- I will highlight my review with tweets, pins and on my Instagram feed.
- If I’ve enjoyed your book and writing style I will likely follow you on social media and retweet you appropriately (I’m not a shill and I don’t/won’t shill so please don’t ask!)
If I haven’t liked your book, I will let you know before I post my review. I will only post honest reviews on my blog but I do understand that it takes a lot of time and effort (and blood, sweat and tears) to write a book and takes a lot to put it out there for others to read. I’m not out to hurt or hinder anyone personally or professionally so at that stage, if you’d prefer that I didn’t post your review, I won’t. Unless you’re mean to me!
I look forward to hearing from you.